Author: Tim Chester
Experience the Power and Love of God in Everyday Life
We believe in God, we serve God, we trust God, but would we say that we enjoy God on a day to day basis? What exactly does a personal relationship with God look like, and how is it even possible?
This seminal work by Tim Chester shows us how we can enjoy God in every moment of every day, whether we are experiencing good times or hard times; whether we are changing nappies, or stuck on a train. He explores how the Father, the Son and the Spirit relate to us in our day-to-day lives, and how to respond.
As we interact more with God and understand how awesome he is, we will experience joy in our service, our witness, our sacrifices and our suffering.
- Mike and Emma’s Monday morning
- In every pleasure we can enjoy the Father’s generosity
- In every hardship we can enjoy the Father’s formation
- In every prayer we can enjoy the Father’s welcome
- In every failure we can enjoy the Son’s grace
- In every pain we can enjoy the Son’s presence
- In every supper we can enjoy the Son’s touch
- In every temptation we can enjoy the Spirit’s life
- In every groan we can enjoy the Spirit’s hope
- In every word we can enjoy the Spirit’s voice
- In one another we can enjoy God’s love
- In daily repentance and faith we can enjoy God’s freedom
- Under the hood
About the author:
Tim Chester is a pastor at Grace Church, Boroughbridge, UK; a faculty member of Crosslands Training; and is the author of over 30 books. He has a PhD in theology and was previously Research and Policy Director for Tearfund UK. He has been an adjunct lecturer in missiology and reformed spirituality. Tim is married to Helen and has two daughters.
Tim Chester’s books are always unusually accessible. He can distill great amounts of complex theological truth into short, digestible chapters. In this book, he brings this skill to bear on the subject of communion with God—perhaps the greatest privilege of a Christian. But it is one little understood, and even less is it actually enjoyed. I urge you to read this volume. It will make you hunger and thirst for fellowship with God. ~Timothy Keller, Pastor Emeritus, Redeemer Presbyterian Church, Manhattan; author, The Reason for God
Be the first to review this product.