A nine session video series that explores starting a counseling ministry in your church.
Is your ministry ready to begin counseling hurting people in a meaningful and God-honoring manner? We developed this training to assist ministries desiring to begin a structured Christ-honoring counseling program. A counseling ministry can be one of the best ways to expand ministry influence and make a difference for the cause of Christ.
- History and Current Status of Faith Biblical Counseling Ministries
- Why Start a Counseling Ministry
- Legal Issues in Counseling (This video is included free of charge, as due to a a technical issue the video feed is absent until the 19:55 mark. However, the audio feed is complete.)
- Choosing Leaders and Getting Them Trained
- Determining the Key Steps to Starting a Counseling Ministry
- Importance and Blessing of Lay Leader Involvement
- Managing the Counseling Office
- Developing Meaningful Advertising
- Evaluating Progress and Looking for Potential Growth Opportunities
Joe Blake serves as Chairman of Deacons at Faith Church. He has served in leadership positions for every strategic plan that Faith has produced. Joe founded IronMen, a property development and management company.
Rob Green is the Pastor of Counseling and Seminary Ministries at Faith Church (Lafayette, IN); ACBC certified; instructor and counselor at Faith Biblical Counseling Ministries; married with three children; B.S., Engineering Physics, The Ohio State University; M.Div., Baptist Bible Seminary (Clarks Summit, PA); Ph.D., Baptist Bible Seminary (Clarks Summit, PA). He is the author of several works including Tying the Knot; Not Tonight, Honey; Reuniting After Military Deployment; Leaving Your Family Behind; A Father's Guide to Raising Boys and a contributing author to Christ-Centered Biblical Counseling and Scripture and Counseling.
Arvid Olson has served as Faith Ministries development director for over 15 years. He has an extensive background in production and presentation logistics, marketing, brand management, public relations and fund development. He serves on the Chamber Council of Greater Lafayette Commerce.
Dr. Robert Smith is a retired physician; ACBC board member; ACBC Fellow; member of the ACBC Academy; author; conference speaker; co-founder of Faith Biblical Counseling Ministries; former instructor and counselor at Faith Biblical Counseling Ministries. He is the author of The Christian Counselor’s Medical Desk Reference; Authority Issues; Fibromyalgia; Biblical Principles of Sex; Deacon Training Workbook and Leader’s Guide; Life After Divorce Workbook and Leader Guide as well as other works.
Steve Viars has served as pastor and counselor at Faith for over 30 years. He is an international speaker and board member of both the Biblical Counseling Coalition and Vision of Hope. He is the author of Putting Your Past in its Place and was a managing editor of Christ-Centered Biblical Counseling.
Dr. Dan Wickert is a Board Certified Physician in Obstetrics and Gynecology; ACBC certified; instructor and counselor at Faith Biblical Counseling Ministries; Vision of Hope board member; Faith Christian School board member; married with two children; B.S., Biology, Bradley University; M.D., University of Illinois. He is the co-author of Infertility: Comfort for Your Empty Arms and Heavy Heart; Menopause: Help for the Hot and Bothered: and PMS: When It’s That Time of the Month.
Please Note: this video series is available online to download or for unlimited on-demand viewing.
- Once payment is complete, you'll receive at least 2 e-mails:
- an order confirmation/receipt from "Faith Resources" which will say "Your Faith Resources Order Confirmation [your order number]"
- an email from "Faith Resources" containing a link to your video series which will say "Start watching [name of video you purchased]"
- In the e-mail which says, Your Faith Resources Order Confirmation you will find a receipt for your order. However, this link will not take you to the actual video. (The video link comes in the e-mail that says "Start Watching.")
- In the e-mail which says, Start Watching you'll see a button that says "Start Watching Now." By clicking on this button, you'll be able to access the video series:
- for unlimited on-demand viewing on the Web or on devices powered by iPhone, Android, Roku, Chromecast
- or to download it to the device of your choice
Be the first to review this product.