The Difference Jesus Makes to that ‘Where-is-my-life- going-I-hate-my-job-I-have-no-real-friends-Is-God-even-here-Will-I-end-up-alone-I-wish-I-was-back-at-school-Will- this-ever-feel-like-home-Am-I-failing-at-life’ Feeling
This book is for you if:
• You dread family occasions because relatives will ask you what you’re doing with your life • Social media leaves you with the miserable suspicion that most of your friends have more fun/a better relationship/more money/a better house/more friends than you do • Watching sitcoms from your adolescence on Netflix makes everything feel better • You’ve ended up in a job that has absolutely nothing to do with what you dreamed of doing when you were six (or eleven, or sixteen) • You still keep loads of stuff at your parent’s house
Sooner or later, most of us find that adult life is not all it’s cracked up to be. At some point we take a look at where we’ve got to and wonder: “Is this it? Why did no one warn me that adult life was going to be this… difficult?”
Rachel Jones is 20-something, trying to keep it together, and ready to say what we’re all thinking. Whether you’re just feeling a bit lost or having a full “quarter life crisis”, this funny, honest, hopeful book reveals the difference Jesus makes to the challenges of adulting.
1. Dissatisfied Has everyone else got it better than me?
2. Paralyzed (or maybe Indecision) What should I do with my life?
5. I hate my job I've got how long till I can retire?
8. Single Why are all my friends getting married?
9. Dating & Marriage Is this normal or have I made a huge mistake?
11. Meaningless What's the point?
12. Self-doubt What if I fail in front of everybody?
About the author:
Rachel Jones is the author of Is This It? and the award-winning Five Things to Pray series, and an editor at The Good Book Company. She leads Bible studies for young adults and helps teach kids at her church, Chessington Evangelical Church, in Surrey, UK. Rachel studied History at Manchester University before joining TGBC.
Rachel Jones is the friend who just gets you. In Is This It?, she covers profoundly deep and impactful issues for twentysomethings with relatability, honesty, and a healthy dose of humor. This book will uncover and address some of your deepest longings, fears, and insecurities while meeting you with a firehouse of gospel grace and practical insight. I wish everyone my age could read this book! ~Jaquelle Crowe,Author, This Changes Everything