Authors: Paul & Karen Tautges
A Lifeline mini-book for parents who are struggling to establish sound behavior patterns with their children
We live in a society dominated by child-centered parenting. A typical walk through a shopping mall, or local grocery store, often reveals this sad truth. The almost incessant whining and misbehavior of out-of-control children leads the discerning person to ask, “Just who is in charge anyway?” In this book, the seasoned parents of ten children provide frazzled moms and dads with practical counsel for bringing order to their home. What’s the key? Instilling respect for God-given authority at an early age. How can this be done? By the faithful application of firm, loving discipline. Here is sound, practical counsel for today’s parents.
- Couples with first child or young children
- Parents and grandparents struggling with discipline application
- Marriage counselors
- General counselors
- Pastors and church ministry teams
- 1. Sad Results of Child-Centered Parenting
- 2. Are You Raising a Cain?
- 3. Cultivating Plants and Directing Arrows
- 4. The 7 Laws of Spanking
- Personal Application Projects
- Where Can I Get Further Help?
About the authors:
Paul & Karen Tautges are the blessed parents of ten children. Paul is a pastor, biblical counselor, and author of numerous books on counseling-related issues. Karen is a faithful wife, homemaker and homeschool mother.